Out and About in West Cornwall
West Cornwall has so much to offer with spectacular places to explore and exciting things to do. You can be sure that you'll be kept busy for the duration of your holiday. Here are our top ten favourites to get you started.
- Have a proper Cornish cream tea - warm scones covered with fruity jam, with a good dollop of thick clotted cream on top. Yum!
- Get in the water. If you love the water then you've come to the right place. Cornwall has some of the best blue flag beaches where you can enjoy a whole range of water sports such as surfing, kite surfing, SUP, sea kayaking, body boarding or simply take a dip in the beautiful Atlantic- the list is endless
- Visit St. Michaels Mount. Explore the amazing island world of St Michael's Mount and discover legend, myth and over a thousand years of incredible history.
- When in Cornwall, the only way is Kelly's! Look out for the famous Cornish ice cream sold at various outlets and enjoy with Cornish clotted cream and a flake.
- Say 'hello' to the seals. Visit the Seal Sanctuary at Gweek and see exciting marine displays, talks and demonstrations and make friends with the rescued seal pups.
- Take the train from St. Erth to St. Ives. Take a sneak preview of the award winning St. Ives on this scenic journey with its gorgeous beach views.
- Visit the world famous open air Minnack Theatre that is perched on the cliffs high above the Atlantic ocean.
- Enjoy a walk around the cliff top at Lands End and take in the awe-inspiring views from the First and Last Point.
- Enjoy a round of golf at The West Cornwall Golf Course with panoramic views from almost every hole with St. Ives Bay and Godrevy Lighthouse forming a memorable backdrop.
Take a picturesque stroll along our riverbank to St. Erth, this is a great walk for dogs and there is a small park in
St. Erth where the children can play.